Review of Brother SE400 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
There is a fantastic deal on the Brother SE400 embroidery and sewing machine that not only has great reviews, but sells for the low price of $367.59 (marked down from $899.00).
The Brother SE400 combination embroidery and sewing machine will enable the smart seamstress to produce projects with a customized, high-end look AND is priced to fit your budget. The Brother SE400 features an exciting array of built-in embroidery designs, as well as built-in sewing stitches. The Brother SE400 boasts 5 embroidery lettering fonts making the SE-400 the perfect machine for all sewing and embroidery projects including crafts and home decorating. With computer connectivity you will be able to receive machine updates (as they become available), and also import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your computer.
The Brother SE400 embroidery and sewing machine features an automatic needle threading system and backlit touch screen liquid crystal display (LCD). Other important features are a drop-in top bobbin, an easy bobbin-winding system, and a built-in push-button thread cutter all adding speed and convenience to your sewing and embroidery projects.
You get an impressive assortment of included accessories which are housed in the free arm of the machine. If fashion, decorating, or crafting are on your creative plate, the SE-400 is an affordable, feature-rich sewing machine choice designed to give your projects a personalized, high-end appearance while currently being priced to suit your budget.
Features of the Brother SE400
The primary options that come with the Brother SE-400 Embroidery and Sewing Machine are:
- 70 built-in embroidery designs, 5 monogramming fonts and 120 frame pattern combinations
- a large 4-inch by 4-inch embroidery area
- 67 built-in sewing stitches with 98 stitch functions, an easy-to-view back-lit touchscreen liquid crystal display (LCD)
- the Quick-Set drop-in bobbin
- an automatic needle threader with a built-in push button thread cutter.
A Large Assortment of Accessories and Tools
- Buttonhole Foot
- Overcasting Foot
- Monogramming Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Blind Stitch Foot
- Button Fitting Foot
- Embroidery Foot
Tools, Materials, and Instructions Included:
- Seam Ripper
- Needle Set, Twin Needle
- Cleaning Brush
- Eyelet Punch
- Touch Pen
- Large Spool Cap
- Medium Spool Cap
- Small Spool Cap
- Extra Spool Pin
- Disc-Shaped Screwdriver
- Embroidery Bobbin Thread
- Soft Cover
- Instruction CD
- Language Setting Sheet
- Felt with Stabilizer
Optional Accessories and Materials
Embroidery Bobbin Thread
Bobbin thread for machine embroidery is special thread, finer, to be used on the bobbin only.
Embroidery Thread Set
Embroidery thread in a beautiful variety of colors for your every machine embroidery need. This is a 40 spool set, of 500 meters per spool, 40 weight, in brilliant colored polyester.
The average customer review on Amazon.com for the Brother SE400 is 4.6 out of 5 stars for 69 reviews which is an excellent rating. Over and over, people say they love this machine.
Highlights from Reviews for the Brother SE400 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
- “The SE-400 has a port for computer connectivity and comes with a USB cable which helps connect directly the sewing machine to your computer. This is an advantage over the SE-350…”
- “If you are looking for a hard carrying case for this machine, I highly recommend the Brother 5300 universal hard carrying case. It is the perfect fit for it.”
- “I love the fact that it comes with a quilting table and a case, too, what a deal.”
- “Easy to thread and easy to wind the bobbin.”
- “This sewing machine is a dream!!!!”
- “A good suggestion is to watch a video on it’s features and use first. Also, purchase thread and stabilizer at the same time.”
- “…the initials I added to shirts came out perfect.”
- “My new brother SE400 computerized embroidery and sewing machine is the best purchase I have ever made. My only complaint is I keep running out of thread. I can’t seem to keep enough of it because I use the machine every day…”
- “Love this machine and really enjoying the USB hookup connection.”
- “I’m amazed at how nice it is to have so many feet and little features (like the auto thread cutter).”
- “Nothing in this price range compared to the SE400.”
- “I was able to embroider with the SE400 on the first day after I bought it. Setup was a breeze and having never used an embroidery machine before and I was impressed with the results.”
The Brother SE400 sewing machine’s usability, exceptional sewing quality, light-weight construct and adaptability all bring enjoyment and satisfaction to the sewing and embroidery enthusiast’s experience. The Brother SE-400 is an extremely good embroidery machine for novices based on the outstanding reviews due to the simplicity and ease of set up. Also, many purchasers find the Brother SE400 sewing machine’s resizing and rotating features very helpful. The Brother SE400 sewing machine is recommeded for anyone who would like to take sewing and embroidering to a new level of performance and quality. Nearly everyone who has purchased a Brother SE400 sewing machine says they are satisfied with their purchase.
The Brother SE-400 is among the best sewing machines offered today. There are many sewing machines available on the market but few have the quality of the Brother SE400 Sewing Machine. By carefully reading and following your user manual that comes with the Brother SE400 Sewing Machine, you will be able to utilize this machine to its full potential. For those who love to sew or want to learn to sew and would like the convenience of an embroidery and sewing in one machine for home decorating or fashion forward projects, the Brother SE400 Sewing Machine is the machine to purchase.
I have been sewing for over 50 years. I am a practical sewer; I want to be able to wear out the clothes I make. I stick to classic lines that I like and that I feel look good on me, then keep making the same tops and pants over and over so that I refer to them as my uniforms. I used to sew because I loved it and could make something that fit that I couldn’t buy in the store. I made many tailored jackets and coats, blouses and skirts, dresses and pant, then also purses and accessories, and reupholstered several pieces of furniture. I went to school for fashion design and can make a pattern if I have a mind to.
My grandmother made her own clothes until she was in her late 80s. She would use a pattern that she had made changes to that fit her perfectly into her advanced age by continually making corrections over time. Sewing was her therapy and one of the social projects she continued into her late 80s was to make toys for children in the hospital. I have sewing DNA. Love sewing, love that it is relaxing and therapeutic and results in something practical.