I have a great dress pattern for Barbie. I made this one many times back in the 1960’s. A favorite. Easy, but with some challenges like the collar.
Instructions for saving and printing jpg or pdf files are here.
Download pdf file of Barbie Sheath Dress
Sewing Instructions for Barbie’s Sheath Dress
1. For BODICE sew front darts and press towards center front:
2. For SKIRT sew darts and press towards center back. Tack pleats in place:
3. Sew BODICE and SKIRT together at waist:
4. Sew shoulder seams:
5. Sew center back seam leaving open above notch:
6. Turn under back edges and slip stitch in place:
7. For COLLAR fold the collar on fold line right sides together. Pin and stitch each end. Turn collar right side out:
8. Attach collar to neckline: With right sides together, pin the collar to the bodice matching notches. The collar ends should come just to the back opening. Now stitch the collar.
Pin the free edge of the collar to the inside just over your stitching line. Tuck the raw threads under as you pin. Blind-stitch or slip stitch into place:
9. For finishing the armhole edge, first clip the edge with tiny clips. Then roll the edge under and blind stitch the edges:
10. Hem bottom of skirt:
11. Finish back with two tiny snaps at top edge and at waist edge: