Another shift dress for Barbie. This shift is fully lined and make her some lace trimmed panties also. I have another Shift pattern that uses an alternate sewing method. This one is a little more challenging.
The pattern prints in three pages:
Instructions for saving and printing jpg or pdf files are here.
Instructions for Sewing Barbie’s Lined Shift and Panties
1. Line FRONT and each BACK, RIGHTS SIDES TOGETHER, matching centers, outer edges even. Stitch armhole, shoulder, neck and back extension edges above circles. Stitch lower and side opening edges to circles. Clip side edges to circles, trim seams, clip curves and trim away corners:
2. Turn Front and Backs right side out; baste together along raw edges and dart lines.
Make on lining side, folding on solid lines and stitching together along dotted lines. Press downward.
Join seams as far as circles, armhole edges even. Press seams open:
BACK AND SHOULDER SEAMS
3. Join center back seam to circle. Clip left seam edge to circle; press seam open.
On LINING SIDE, whip finished shoulder edges together firmly.
Turn under right back on center link, press. Lap backs, matching centers; fasten with 2 snaps:
4. Start with the DARTS. Make darts on INSIDE, folding on solid lines and stitching together along dotted lines. Press toward centers.
Turn under on HEMLINES, clipping along curves; edge-stitch:
5. Lap straight edge of 1/4″ wide lace edging a scant 1/8″ over hem, stitch to position:
6. OR, stitch center of BABY RICK-RACK a full 1/8″ above hem:
UPPER AND BACK EDGES
7. Turn under seam allowance on upper and back extension edges above circles; edge-stitch:
Join center back seam to circle; clop left seam edge to circle.
Join crotch seam, matching centers, joining ends of lace, when used.
Turn under right back edge on center line; press. Lap backs, matching centers; fasten with snap at waistline.